Beautiful contemporary silver bangle by Kate Smith. Hand pierced and engraved patterning is created on each side of the piece. A chemical is then applied that creates the dark colouring, providing a beautiful contrast between the black and the silver. 15mm wide.
This contemporary silver bangle has been designed and handmade by jewellery designer Kate Smith.
Perfectly complemented by our isis earrings and isis pendant.
Also available in a bangle.
Inside Diameter (mm)
60, 64 and 68
One of a Kind
- Perfumes, lotions and chemicals can all affect the look of jewellery over time.
- Using a soft (old!) toothbrush and warm soapy water can remove build-up of dirt/discolouration.
- Using hairdryer (on a low setting) afterwards will help to avoid water marks on your jewellery.
- Avoid contact with harsh chemicals, especially when wearing jewellery with gemstones.
- Wearing your jewellery (rather than keeping it hidden away in a box) is the best way to avoid tarnishing on silver! Your skins natural oils help to form a barrier against oxidisation.
- If you find your item of silver jewellery blackens when you first wear it, follow the above method of cleaning with a toothbrush & warm, soapy water.
- Initial discolouration should fade within time. It isn’t clear why this can happen to some people’s jewellery, but from researching, it seems it could be attributed to medication, diet or even pregnancy! (If you are male, you can probably rule out the last cause).
Finishes that are applied to our jewellery can alter over time, simply due to everyday wear. This is more applicable to rings and bangles; satin & frosted finished pieces may become shinier with wear and polished items can become slightly duller with time.